“Nice Scenery, Good Wine and Food. Shame About The Inbred Psychopaths.”
This was found on a site called TrueSlant.com and we’re including it in our Kiwi Talk pages.
It was written by New Zealander Scott Alexander Young, aka ‘Jet Set Hobbo’, and is about the recently released New Zealand Institute’s Report that stated that New Zealand has one of the worst murder rates in the whole of the OECD.
We’re including it because it shows why some of the country’s brightest and most talented people leave and never return, and how a once decent and peaceful society can be changed for the worse within a couple of generations.
NZ murder record among worst
By SCOTT ALEXANDER YOUNG
“Scottish tourist Karen Aim was murdered in Taupo in January 2008 by a 14-year-old.
The murder and manslaughter of about 100 people a year makes New Zealand one of the most violent countries in the developed world, according to a new independent report. New Zealand has been given a “D” rating on a report card prepared by the New Zealand Institute, because of its high rates of violent deaths and child abuse.
This weekend, the United Nations Human Rights Committee expressed concern at New Zealand’s high rates of child abuse, and recommended the Government encourage reporting of suspected abuse, and ensure the perpetrators are brought to justice.
via NZ murder record among worst – National – NZ Herald News.
Not a day goes by when I don’t give thanks that I got out of New Zealand again, even if it was initially to go and work in Dickensian sweatshop conditions for a publisher in Beirut.
For one thing, when the ‘Jet-Set Hobo’ isn’t flying from one town to another, he likes to be able to safely walk the streets at night. Not really a possibility in Auckland, where people drive to their front gate just to collect the mail, and where teenage gangs roam the streets, looking to kick people’s heads in, and worse. If you want to see what a generation or two of treating adults like children (and vice versa) and culprits like victims (ditto) can do to a once decent and peaceful society, then get in a plane and fly 30 hours to brain dead, jingoistic, wilfully bloody stupid New Zealand. Just don’t ask me to join you, as the only way I’ll be heading back there is in a pine box. Nice scenery, good wine and food. Shame about the inbred psychopaths.”
A few months after Karen’s murder Taupo council spent $200,000 on 16 closed circuit cameras in hot spots around the town in an effort to reduce crime and improve safety. March 2009:
“The extra surveillance is part of a tougher stance being taken by the council and police since Karen Aim’s murder in January last year.
The Scottish tourist was killed near her flat as she walked home after a night out with friends. Her murderer, Jahche Broughton, will be sentenced today in the High Court at Rotorua…
..Taupo Top Cabs owner Mere Wall welcomed the extra surveillance but was sceptical about whether more cameras would prevent crime.
Wellington privacy lawyer John Edwards said that, provided local authorities presented a sound business case for installing the cameras, there should not be any issues about intrusion into individuals’ privacy.”
NZ is a broken society
West auckland is just starving and crime be the key to getting better dinner as for that Pakistani killing that's some foreign shit— GustavBDS (@BdsLesa) June 10, 2014
Man arrested for Blesinda “Blessie” Gotingco's murder was "under supervision" and wearing ankle bracelet? http://t.co/r1O9SVGomC— E2NZ (@E2NZ) May 29, 2014
- Young Nats Buying and Burning “Dirty Politics” Book ? “Gypsies and Faggots” Looks Like the Rise of Fascism in NZ. August 21, 2014
- “The Big List of John Key’s Lies” August 21, 2014
- Zealand’s Corrupt Politicians and #DirtyPolitics – The Best Tweets August 20, 2014
- TradeMe Auction for Dirty Politics Book, ALL Proceeds to Pike River Disaster Relief August 14, 2014
- More Reaction to Dirty Politics by Nicky Hager – New Zealand’s ‘Non-Fictional House of Cards’ August 14, 2014
- Nicky Hager’s “Dirty Politics” Book Kicks Up a Storm in New Zealand. Part Two August 13, 2014
- Nicky Hager’s Dirty Politics Book Kicks Up a Storm in New Zealand. Part One August 13, 2014
- ‘Planet Key’ To be Banned in New Zealand, Get It Whilst It’s Hot August 13, 2014
- R.I.P. Connor Morris, Public Figure August 11, 2014
- Male and Female Charged With Davender Singh’s Murder, Throat Slit in a “Robbery Gone Wrong” August 9, 2014
- “Cronyism Centre” to be Built in Christchurch? Ngai Tahu May Take Stake in Council August 8, 2014
- New Zealand Seeks to Profit from Russian Food Embargo, NZ’s Seat on UN Security Council at Stake as Russia Poised to Invade Ukraine August 8, 2014
- Another Day Another Murder in Auckland, Man Stabbed in Car as he Ate Takeaway with Partner August 8, 2014
- Violent New Zealand. “Getting the Milk in West Auckland” The World’s Friendliest City (Conde Nast) August 7, 2014
- Kiwi Parochialism at its Best During Berlin Fashion Week. Can’t Handle the Jandal? August 5, 2014
- New Zealand’s Unsafe Streets. Police Seek Help After Vicious Random Attack in Havelock North August 4, 2014
- West Auckland. New Zealand’s Unsafe Streets August 4, 2014
- Violent New Zealand. A Rash of Stabbing Incidents Including a Machete Attack Breaks Out and News Becomes Sanitized – updated August 3, 2014
- Car Jacking on the Rise in NZ August 1, 2014
- 13 Year Old Girl Shot in her Gisborne Home. Gun Crime out of Control in NZ? August 1, 2014
A selection of our recent comments
- Admin on Young Nats Buying and Burning “Dirty Politics” Book ? “Gypsies and Faggots” Looks Like the Rise of Fascism in NZ.
- P Ray on Young Nats Buying and Burning “Dirty Politics” Book ? “Gypsies and Faggots” Looks Like the Rise of Fascism in NZ.
- Admin on Why Are People Leaving NZ?
- SafeFromNewZealand on Young Nats Buying and Burning “Dirty Politics” Book ? “Gypsies and Faggots” Looks Like the Rise of Fascism in NZ.
- Get Me Outta Here!! on Don’t Move to New Zealand – updated 18 Jan 04
- Calvin Kulo on Don’t Move to New Zealand – updated 18 Jan 04
- Anonymous on Why Are People Leaving NZ?
- carpentaro on Don’t Move to New Zealand – updated 18 Jan 04
- Admin on Don’t Move to New Zealand – updated 18 Jan 04
- Mouse on Don’t Move to New Zealand – updated 18 Jan 04
- Alex on "New Zealand – The Most Boring Place on Earth"
- Tim on Zealand’s Corrupt Politicians and #DirtyPolitics – The Best Tweets
- Calvin Kulo on "New Zealand – The Most Boring Place on Earth"
- Mat bowman on UK Qualified Plumbers, Beware
- NoKiwi on "New Zealand – The Most Boring Place on Earth"
Our most popular links
Rip-off prices in New Zealand
Rip off NZ - Pharmacy prices a bitter pill for tourists. Know of a rip-off pharmacy or grossly inflated prices? http://t.co/fYzHFYHkSW— E2NZ (@E2NZ) December 29, 2013
New Zealand as risky as Pakistan, says Newton's Pidcock http://t.co/ncV1ey8o7g— Citywire (@Citywire) December 11, 2013
Follow E2NZ.org on TwitterMy Tweets
Traduire ce blog en plusieurs langues…
Afrikaans shqiptar العربية българска Català 中国 中國傳統 Hrvatska Czech Danske Nederlandse Eesti Filipino Suomalainen Français Galego Deutsch Ελληνικά עברית हिन्दी Magyar Bahasa Indonesia Italiana 日本 한국어 Latvijas Lietuviškai Malti Norske Polska Portuguese Romanian Россию Српска Slovenskému Slovenščina Español Svenska ไทย Türk Українське Việt ייִדיש
- Charges for armed robberyAn alleged armed bank robber will face charges tomorrow in Wellington District Court about a hold-up at the Tawa branch of the BNZ bank at midday today.
- Maori King: My son didn't get special treatmentThe Maori King Tuheitia took aim at sensationalist news and his son's trial by social media in his annual state of the Maori nation speech as Koroneihana celebrations came to a close.
- Police hunt armed, masked bank robberPolice are on the lookout for an armed, mask-wearing thief wielding a shotgun who held up the Tawa branch of the BNZ about noon today.
- Cannabis in fiery crash driver's system A Hamilton man had the active ingredient from cannabis in his system, should have been on a compulsory break and constantly sped on the night he caused the death of a Levin woman and her son in a firey crash, a court has heard.
- Banks mud-slinger appears in courtThe bucket of manure thrown on John Banks was an act of revenge, 22 years in the making, the mud-slinger has told a courtâ.
- Accused may have more victims, police sayA former scout leader accused of sexually assaulting boys over a thirty year period may have more victims and police urge them to come forward.
- Criminals' cash funds drug screening labThe country's first drug screening laboratory at the border has been paid for by an unlikely group of benefactors - criminals.
- Teen hamburglar caught Mc'thieving itA Palmerston North teenager has been caught stealing hundreds of dollars worth of food from McDonald's, often taking meat patties home for his flatmates to throw on the barbecue.
- No pleas for Ashburton deathFour people charged with the manslaughter of Ashburton man Arran Gairns in May have entered no plea at their appearance today.
- Hunt for shirtless prisonerA prisoner has escaped custody and is on the loose in Opotiki.
- “What the world thinks of us”
- International Students’ Common Room
- Just Another Day in the ‘Most Socially Progressive Nation on Earth’
- Members Area
- Retardicon 6
- What they say about E2NZ.org
- MIGRANT TALES
- Chapter 11
- Justice New Zealand Style
- Binge Drinking The Bane Of The Culture And NZ Is A Nation of ‘MJ’ Smokers
- British Cop in Northland: NZ’s “Crime Statistics a Work of Fiction”
- Hong Kong Chinese: Moving to New Zealand is a Big Mistake
- NZ Not The Land Of Promise For Me
- Teaching in New Zealand and the NCEA
- The UK Plumber’s Tale – Problems with the NZ Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board?
- Chapter 12
- Chapter 1
- Immigration Woes
- Leaving New Zealand
- Like Podlings Sucked Dry
- Married To A Kiwi in God’s Waiting Room
- Time To Leave – Can’t Find Work
- Two Years On And It’s Still Crap
- Why Are People Leaving NZ?
- Why Are You Leaving NZ?
- UK Qualifications Not Recognised
- What We Wished We’d Known
- Making Ends Meet
- A British Canadian’s Perspective
- Houses Are Overpriced Crap
- Economic Suicide
- Impossible Job Market
- Chapter 2
- “3+ Years In And Missing Blighty”
- “The Health Care System Is Second Rate”
- A Singaporean Says Living In NZ Different Experience – Updated
- An American Asks Himself “Why NZ?”
- Don’t Move to New Zealand – updated 18 Jan 04
- NZ A More Dangerous, More Violent Place
- Teacher Duped By The Hype, Couldn’t Find Work
- We Chose To Go With New Zealand. BIG MISTAKE
- Moved From Singapore For Better Life
- NZ Is Mis-Sold
- Skilled Migrants Drive Taxis To Survive
- University Lecturer Misled Over Job Offer
- Refuge From NZ Found In A Muslim Country
- IT Professional Puts His Finger On IT
- Chapter 3
- New Zealand Is Like A Postcard, “There is no sense of history or magic here”
- 7 Months In And No Work For Tradesman Husband
- A Prison Officer’s Thoughts
- American Says Tauranga ‘Mis-sold’
- Emigrating When You’re Older
- Heading Home After 3 Years
- No Work In Blenheim, Moved To Christchurch
- NZ Without A Job Offer
- Prison Officers In New Zealand
- Returning Kiwi Shunned
- Three Weeks In. An American’s First Impressions Of New Zealand
- Two And A Half Years In New Zealand – NZ Like South Dakota
- What’s It REALLY Like In New Zealand?
- Chapter 4
- “Observations About The Downside of New Zealand”
- 100% Pure Rip Off
- 6 Years In, Stay Or Go?
- An American’s Take On “Rip-Off New Zealand”
- Canadian Still Looking For Work
- It’s True – Kiwis Don’t Really Like Americans
- Studying In New Zealand
- Thinking About Teaching In New Zealand?
- Three Months In NZ And Tickets Are Booked
- Why Can’t Asians Find Work In NZ?
- Work Culture In New Zealand
- How To Go To Bed, NZ Style
- Chapter 5
- “Close Minded Kiwis Ruined NZ For Us”
- ‘Non White’ Kiwi Treated Like Immigrant In Own Country
- Another WTR Visa Issued from Shanghai
- Effects Of Chch Quake On Expats
- If you doubt discrimination in NZ read this…
- No Science Or Skills Shortage In New Zealand
- Renting Houses In NZ – A Manual
- Trapped In NZ – Father Won’t Let Child Leave
- Chapter 6
- “Calling all teachers! Please help, I’m going mad!!”
- Living Costs For One Person In NZ v. USA
- Migrant Tales. UK citizen lived 13 yrs Australia and 10 in NZ – A Comparison
- Perhaps We’re Just Unlucky But It’s Too Much. We’re Done Here
- Post Quake – How The Canterbury Disaster Has Affected Migrants And Visitors To NZ
- Teaching In NZ – A Migrant’s Exit Interview
- UK Qualified Plumbers, Beware
- “God This Is A Mess” – Welcome To New Zealand
- Chapter 7
- “Thoughts from someone leaving NZ”
- A Culture Of Good Enough Will Do
- Chinese Student @ Otago
- Civil Engineer Now Cleaning Ovens In NZ – updated
- Expat In Christchurch Post Quake
- Immigrant Kid
- New Zealand Expo, No It Wasn’t
- New Zealand Is Draining The “Me” Out Of Me
- NZ, What’s To Miss?
- This Is Why I Didn’t Like New Zealand
- Two and a Half Years In…
- Why We Left New Zealand, After The Quake
- Chapter 8
- Indian Professional Faced Discrimination
- Adele’s Story, Kids Falling Light Years Behind
- An Insiders View of the Tertiary Education Sector in New Zealand
- Attention Nurses! You’re Getting a Rough Deal in NZ
- Brit Feeling “Foreign” In New Zealand. How About You?
- Green Migrants Beware of New Zealand’s Underbelly
- House Buying and Divorce Laws
- How resilient are we? A New Zealand immigrant’s perspective
- I Want Out : An American’s Tale
- Migrant Tales – I am young and I want to get out, Can you help me?
- Chapter 9
- Reality Check
- “NZ vs UK – not all it’s cracked up to be. Is it just me?”
- 6 Years 8 Months: The Best and Worst of Times
- Foreign IT Workers Need Not Apply There Is No Shortage
- Lau’s Tale
- Lau’s Tale
- New Zealand is Over Rated
- Six years in New Zealand now I’m back in France.
- Thank God I Have Left New Zealand
- Victoria University, victims of crime can go to hell
- Chapter 10
- British Sparky Can’t Find Work (updated)
- Do not teach in New Zealand you may live to regret it
- England is the Best Place for Us Riots and All
- Get Out of New Zealand or Die on the Street
- Goodbye New Zealand
- New Zealand Culture is Brutal, Something is Seriously Wrong
- New Zealand is a Dump
- NZ Promised Land?
- Some of the Memories We Will Take Back With Us to Scotland
- Winter is Coming and New Zealand Homes are Dank and Full of Draughts
- Life After New Zealand
- Chapter 11
- Your Exit Interview
- NZ Wiki
- Adventure Tourism And Safety
- Economics, Demographics And Immigration
- Education and Children’s Issues
- Fraud and Dishonesty In New Zealand Wiki
- Green Credentials, Or Green Wash?
- Health And Death
- Hype, Spin And Restrictions On Freedom Of Information
- Infrastructure, Earthquakes and Tsunamis
- Living Accommodation: Housing Issues In New Zealand
- Road Crash Data
- THE AGORA
- New Zealand Warnings and Dangers – Updated
- External links
- Live Web Cams
- What’s It Like To Live In NZ?
- What Kiwis Say About NZ
- Chapter 1 – What Kiwis Say About NZ
- “Most People Consider Hypothermia A Symptom Of Being Cold, Rather Than An Expression Of National Identity”
- A Selection Of Thoughts About NZ
- Big Bucks For A Hillbilly Lifestyle
- Kiwi Longs To Escape Cargo Cult Lifestyle
- Kiwis Leaving For Australia At 12 Month High
- Ode to Whangarei
- Returning Kiwis Views About New Zealand
- “30,000 A Year Go To Aussie. Why?”
- “New Zealand Is Turning Into A Really Racist Country” – updated
- “Nice Scenery, Good Wine and Food. Shame About The Inbred Psychopaths.”
- “NZ 5th Most Violent Country In The World”
- “Top 5 Things Wrong With New Zealand”
- Chapter 2 – What Kiwis Say About NZ
- “100% Pure Rip-Off”
- “NZ… Land of the Big Ripoff”
- “Smugly standing idle, with our hands out…NZ not part of real civilisation”
- Ever Had An Intruder In Your House When You Were There?
- Kiwi Lifestyle In Winter. Part 1
- Ministry Of Defence Houses “Freezing”
- NZ Houses Are Like Glorified Tents
- Third World NZ, No Place For The Poor Or Disabled
- Where To Go In Tauranga On New Year’s Eve?
- Who’d Be A Supermarket Employee
- Why Does Immigration NZ Let People Into NZ To Live…
- “You Know You’re In Flaxmere When”
- Chapter 3 – What Kiwis Say About NZ
- Chapter 1 – What Kiwis Say About NZ
- NZ Life
- What Kiwis Say About NZ
- Violent Crime